The use and application of cobalt
1. Cobalt is mainly used to make alloys. Cobalt-containing tool steels have better cutting performance and wear resistance.
2. The most commonly used alloys in aerospace technology are nickel-based alloys and cobalt-based alloys, but the "strength mechanism" of the two alloys is different. When the temperature exceeds 1038 degrees Celsius, the advantages of cobalt-based alloys become significant. Cobalt The base alloy is sufficient to make high-efficiency high-temperature engines. The construction material used for aircraft turbines is a cobalt-based alloy with 20% to 27% chromium, which promotes this structural feature. The maintenance coating can achieve high oxidation resistance sex.
3. Cobalt metal is also widely used in electroplating, glass, dyeing, medicine and medical industries.
4. Lithium cobalt oxide made of lithium carbonate and cobalt oxide is a common negative electrode material used in modern high-energy batteries.
5. Cobalt can also be used to make a type of cobalt shell, which will turn into deadly radioactive dust when blasted.
Uses of cobalt:
Cobalt oxides are decolorizers and pigments for ceramic products. Cobalt-containing glazes can better integrate enamel and steel. Cobalt organic compounds are used as driers in paints. Cobalt is an element that is not deficient in the human body. There are ions. Cobalt is one of the active ingredients of vitamin B12, which is related to the function of hematopoietic function. The daily intake of cobalt in the normal human body is about 5-45mg. When the intake is too high, it will cause pneumonia and cause myocardial impact. , thyroid effects and polycythemia embolism. Cobalt-60 rays have a certain effect on the treatment of cancer in the human body.